Now I really don't have much time to cook between the Chickpea and working from home but this is the best treat to slap together for an afternoon with friends. And yes, we did enjoy it! I make it often with the fruit from our trees during the summer so it can be adapted to just about anything. I always make extra pie crust and toss it in the freezer to use later too. But, boy this was one of the best ones yet.
Apple Almond Crostata
- Roll out homemade pie dough to a rough 14" circle.
- Top the center with crumbled almond paste then top that with 2 thinly slices apples.
- Fold over edges of pie dough.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 tablespoons of suga and a squeeze of lemon.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F then reduce heat to 350F and cook for another 20-30 minutes.